To achieve We Count’s goal of an inclusive and balanced data ecosystem for persons with disabilities, We Count is issuing an ongoing call for challenges.
A We Count Challenge is a data ecosystem inclusion problem that results from things like:
- Exclusion from data sets
- Bias in data systems
- Participation restrictions
- Limited employability
- Vulnerability to data abuse and misuse
To tackle these challenges, We Count is assembling diverse, knowledgeable teams for challenge workshops.
What is the data ecosystem?
A data ecosystem is the complete cycle of “pieces” of information as well as individuals and organizations within the data science/services system. This cycle includes:
- Individuals who generate data or information
- Systems to collect and analyze the data
- Individuals who build or use the systems
- Collecting, analyzing, visualizing and generating insights from data and the decisions made from this process
- Training, hiring and working within data science fields
As data becomes the main source for truth and value, persons with disabilities are becoming increasingly marginalized as their needs are not considered within the data ecosystem.
Submit a challenge
Do you know an inclusion challenge in data systems or the data economy? Nominate your challenge with our nomination form.
Are you interested in hearing about We Count activities or do you want to be contacted to learn about ways you can participate? If yes then send us your contact information on our contact form.